Saturday, November 6, 2010

Grumpy Old Men and Hide & Seek Girls

Came home one afternoon and spotted this:

Frednov1



He looks so grumpy!

Most evenings Elsie crawls into my lap or sits right beside me, until I am forced to acknowledge her. It's not hard when you have a girl sitting beside you, staring at you patiently.

Once I let her into my lap and start cuddling her, I'll look up and spot Fred lying off to the side, sprawled out glaring at me from under his eyebrows. He'll give me that red rimmed sulky look as if to say: "you love her more than me." or "how come she always gets the cuddles?"

Yet one night when he was near me I tried to pull him into a cuddle he got up and left! I think it just wasn't as comfortable for him as it is for Elsie. Or maybe he's just not comfortable putting his entire front half of his body in my lap.

During the day even if I am home the dogs are left in their pen. I'm doing this now to ensure I now exactly where they are at all times.

When I looked out on the weekend I couldn't see Elsie and panicked.

I went outside and then spotted her. Those brindle coats sure are good camouflage!

Frednov1b

No comments:

Post a Comment