Friday, November 26, 2010

romping in the grass and other shenanigans

A few weeks ago we finally got around to getting the electric fence put up. This resulted in two dogs who are now terrified of coming out of their dog house. For the first few weeks Elsie would go inside the pen, go straight into the dog house and all you would see of her would be her black nose until you came home in the evening and let them out.

The poor girl refused to pee, drink or play in the pen. I think what happened was that she must've got hit a few times when they were playing since Fred is so rough and she tends to bound along all the time.

We're pretty sure Fred got hit a few times too because the first night we came home when he saw us he was shivering like a leaf!

After the first week, they refused to go in there willingly, and had to be dragged in. Elsie more so than Fred. I must say for a while there I was starting to feel a bit like I was a bad parent. However since I started walking in first, they have now started to get over their fear and follow me into the pen. Little baby steps.

Hubby has also got around to starting on the new dog house, since the original one was only big enough for one dog (i.e. Elsie) and we'd come home every night to Elsie in the dog house and Fred sitting outside it. My only regret is that I didn't take a picture of Elsie in the dog house - I swear all you saw of her when she was in there was her little black button nose!

Here is the new house, with Freddie looking on indifferently wondering where Elsie has gone:

Doggies22nova

And here are the puppies romping in the grass. You can just see the roof of the original dog house at the back.

 dogsnovi

 dogsnovj

Dogsnov10a

It's funny watching them play. Elsie always has such a look of glee on her face as she runs!

Dogsnov10b

Here's one of her in motion:

Dogsnov10h

Dogsnov10c

Here they are later. I love how Elsie looks back at me all cheekily as if to say, "should I go up and scare him from behind?"

Dogsnov10f
And even later, Fred yawning after a long day's work (as you do)

Dogsnov10g

And a cute pic of the girl contemplating what life is like in her new electrified pen.

Doggies22novb

No comments:

Post a Comment