Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Puppies Go A-Bushwalking




This is one of my favourite shots. We got up on the weekend and it was super misty. I'd let them out for a toilet break and couldn't resist taking the camera out.
I love how she blends in with the landscape, and how yellowy golden the grass is. The grass seed/pods have already started bursting and soon I'm going to have to be vigilant about getting all the seeds out of their coats. 

Here is Elsie in 'hunting' mode:

 Elsie: "I'm off to see the wizard.. the wonderful wizard of oz"


Ok, maybe not.


What has Elsie spotted?


Fred: She was chasing after the Wizard of Oz. I heard her singing it!

   

You're a braver person than I, Fred. That stare could ice continents....


But it's hard to take any dog seriously when they can also do a yawn like that...


Now, now. No need to poke your tongue at me young lady.

 

 Elsie: "Me? Poke moi tongue at you?! Don't be absurd!"


 Elsie: "Ok, on second thoughts, scratch that."

The other day we took the puppies out for an off lead walk. I'm amazed at how high Elsie's tail is. I wonder what she smelt.


Fred trying to slink away to find some hoppity hops:


But we're too smart for him and call him back.

 
By now he's had quite a run/walk/sniff which explains why he's got his tongue lolling out. 

Elsie spots Fred's behaviour and tries to do the same thing.

But again, too slow, and she slinks back to us.


Later that evening as we're all curled up in the house, I look up from what I'm doing to see this: 


 And where's Fred?

 

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaww.....

No comments:

Post a Comment