Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Catch me if you can!

With daylight savings officially kicking in I can come home when it's still light and let the puppies out for a bit of a play before we head inside.

I managed to get my camera out this time and catch a few pics of them having fun.

Puppiesoct6j They're primed and ready...

Here's Fred giving Elsie a lovebite
Puppiesoct6c

Can you see her little nose there? Fred's got her flat on the ground and is biting her neck

Puppiesoct6b

Look at her cute little paws pushing his head away! And look at how calm she looks!


Puppiesoct6g

Puppiesoct6h
It's fascinating watching them play. She's so calm and willing/submissive. She always lets Freddie get her on her back and give her neck bites and never snarls or tries to growl at him in defense. She only growls in mock play. I guess I'm comparing her to Rosie again. When Fred and Rosie used to play Rosie would snarl and get back at Fred. She never really let Fred play Top Dog. Whereas Elsie just lies still and lets Fred do what he wants.



Here's Fred apologising for the rough play

Puppiesoct6

Whoops! Or maybe he's just coming up for another rumble...

Puppiesoct6e
This one's one of my favourites. her head can fit into his entire mouth!!!! Can you see?

Puppiesoct6f
This is a good shot of Elsie. Gives you a better idea of what she looks like.


Puppiesoct6i
And he's off chasing her again..

Puppiesoct6k
Look at that cheeky grin on his face!


Puppiesoct6l
And later, running back up the drive when I called them - good dogs!


Puppiesoct6m

Dogbed Now you may or may not remember the Futon Fiasco a couple of years back. Freddie still hasn't really learnt that beds are for sleeping on, not playing/jumping/bouncing on. Here is Elsie's bed complete with Freddie's homemade touches. I'll wait until the bottom falls out before I replace the hessian with a new plastic cover.

Elsie's been a bit hit and miss with the 'sits'. I'm back on the treats and she's started to automatically sit now whenever I stand still for too long. She's a cut girl and she's filling out. Especially along her ribs, although you can still feel her chest bone. Her fur also is a very good dirt trap. I wonder if it's because it's wiry that it can feel so icky so quickly.

Elsieoct6I'm amazed at how icky the fur feels. I'm too tired most nights to give her a wash and she's not stinky. So instead I'm just giving her a brush down every other night. Freddie's fur is a lot healthier and less wiry. He still feels clean from his wash last week.

I was giving Freddie a cuddle last night and noticed that he has two scratches on his nose! I'm pretty sure that came from Elsie. Naughty girl. Her claws are sharp - in fact she even managed to puncture my palm when I gave her a wash a few weeks back.

Poor Fred, his nose is starting to get lots of scars, what with wild natives like wombats and Elsie..

No comments:

Post a Comment