Friday, October 22, 2010

Smelly puppies all tied up in knots

Due to lack of funds we have yet to put up a secure electric fence for the puppies. As a result they are tied up on long 9m and 5m leads.

Fred has a tendancy to tie himself up either around a tree stump or get stuck under the water tank tower.

For a while there we ended up putting him on the shorter lead so there'd be less chance of him getting tangled. However I came home the other night to discover that Elsie had gotten herself caught up on the long lead. To the point where the lead had wrapped around her belly twice. Poor girl.

I've switched the leads over again to see if Fred has smartened up any, and to give Elsie a break from the long lead.

The other night after I let them out of the pen for a bit of a run, I happened to turn around for ten-fifteen minutes and pottered around in the studio.

When I went to look for them Freddie had wandered off. When he eventually came back and was let inside I was met with a whiff of stink. He looked so pleased with himself that I sent him packing to the bathroom for a long shower with lots of shampoo lathering. *shudder*

He was NOT happy, but settled in for a long wait after a while. I washed his paws too and the amount of dirt that got washed out was quite astonishing.

I've kept a close eye on him now whenever he gets let out of the pen.

Last night we got home late and I let them out for a quick run before coming inside. This time around Elsie took a while to respond. When she came back... what a stench! it seems like she found the same spot that Fred had found the night before. It was way too late to wash her, so I ended up just leaving her in the pen. I don't think she understood why she was left out there, but boy was Fred proud to be the only dog in the house. Followed me around everywhere, even slept near us when we were on the couch. I think part of it was simply that Elsie wasn't there to push in and steal cuddles from him.

 Here are the latest picture updates:



Miss Lady of Leisure:

Fredoct22h

 What Freddie thinks about being Miss Elsie's couch:

Fredoct22i

 What Miss Elsie thinks of Master Fred's opinion of him being her couch:

Fredoct22g

 And after you point out to her that you should be nice to your siblings:

  Fredoct22e

 Later in the day, Freddie checking on the state of my compost bin:

Fredoct22d

 Elsie discovering a bone:

Fredoct22c



Elsie: "What? Did you want a bite? mmm.. it's not that good.."

Fredoct22b

 And here is Fred later doing a dance routine for the camera:

Fredoct22

No comments:

Post a Comment