Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Ginger's a Talker and Barker..

In all the time I had Elsie, I don't think I ever heard her bark.

Ginger in comparison is a bit of a talker.

What do you mean, I'm a bit of a talker?!
Wolfieboy was suggesting perhaps she was crossed with some Great Dane. That perhaps might explain the talking and the big feet. Neighbours suggested perhaps German Shepherd based on her muzzle. Who knows.

Either way, she starts whining when she's hungry or things don't go her way. She's also been barking at the wildlife, and just now started barking at me in protest when I told her to chill out.

She gave Fred a run for his money this morning, and they spent some time playing before coming inside.

Fred and Ginger doing the Tango




 
Fred: I'm going to get you.
Ginger: C'mon old man, give it your best shot!



Fred: ooooofff! Take that missy!
Ginger: Ok, maybe that wasn't so bad.
Ginger: But I reckon I can give as good as you gave. Here I come...
Fred: Whoa dude.... easy, man. Oh wow, Man, what IS that smell?! What did you find on the walk yesterday? I wish I'd spotted it too. Smells just like decayed kangaroo poo! Alright!!
When I let them inside, she was sooo hyper.

She obligingly spent the morning in the house with us posing for some additional photos. And has spent the rest of the afternoon outside. She has roamed the home paddock a few times and I hear barks intermittently through the day. Her bark echoes through the valley. A little disconcerting, and makes me think that perhaps she'll be a better guard dog and in the Summer will keep us awake - as she'll be sleeping outside to protect the grapes, roses and veggie patch.

What?! Sleep outside in Summer?! WHAT?! I never signed up for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment