Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Another Dog Day

Ginger: Ahoy, who goes there?
Day 4, and Ginger is settling in slowly. I am getting indignant barks when she doesn't get her way in the morning. It's almost like the same issues I have with the wolfiepup. Dealing with a 3 year old is the same as dealing with a dog. 

Fred has kept control of the dog house, and I'm wondering if some of the barks I heard today (there were less than yesterday) were from her request to move in with him. When I went out to check on them during the day I noticed that she'd just lay on the ground. Ginger's no Comfort Hound. Good ol fashioned hard ground will do just fine, thankyouverymuch. 

 I think I've given up guessing what she's crossed with. I looked up Great Dane today, and really, their face shape (with those jowly cheeks) and triangle ears are not part of Ginger's face structure. Her feet are though. Perhaps she is another greyhound x wolfhound but just more wolfhound than greyhound? No idea..

She certainly has a bit more of the staghound look here:



 We had another walk down the driveway today and she had a few good runs up and down. I watched her run towards me, and was super impressed at her control as she managed to put on the brakes despite running very, very, fast. Her long body helps with that of course. Three bounds, and she's crossed the Atlantic.

Here is Fred trying to give her a run for her money..

It wasn't all running shenanigans though, and Fred spent some time just sniffing around, making sure everything was right in his world.


No comments:

Post a Comment