Friday, September 24, 2010

Freddie's home!

Freddie came home after desexing yesterday. They gave him anesthetic to put him out, and when I went to pick him up, he walked soooo slowly - like an old man. His tail wagged a little, and he looked sooooo dopey.


It tore at my heart strings to see how doped up he was.


I know that desexing is for the best, but gosh... I felt soooo guilty.


He slept most of the way home, and had a long snooze inside.


I also got him to take a vaccination, and along with an examination fee (I didn't know there'd be one) it came to a whopping $380! I was so shocked. They'd said $270 for the desexing and $58 for the vaccination. But they'd never mentioned the examination fee... *sigh*


We are now officially totally broke. =(


What a week.


New puppy, vaccinations, puppy "accessories" (bed, collar, chain, lead), Fred desexing...


Ah well - it's an investment right?


Elsie was really good last night. It was her first day on her own tied up on the long chain. When I came home the water dish wasn't tipped over and she seemed fairly content lying on the ground.


Once I let her off though it was an entirely different story.


She did the same thing as Fred and ran fast back and forth along the verandah. It was very cute.


I'd put Fred inside the house because he was so dopey and thought I'd let her in. Bad idea.


She ran in was sooooo excited to see Fred that she lost her footing and slid right across the tiles. I should've videotaped it, it was so funny.


After she regained her footing she was all over him trying to play. I tried holding her down but it was such a struggle that I ended up taking her for a quick calming walk up the hill and back again. And then she was right as rain.


Frednelsie


I'm not sure if she's enjoying Freddie's foot fetish or not. If nothing else you can get a better idea of their comparative sizes.


Fred's big and chunky whereas she's a bit more slight and fragile.


He does seem to enjoy chewing on her though. The night before it was her ears and last night it was her legs, although he has paid a lot of attention to her bottom.


We had a bit of a cuddling session later on in the evening, and I rolled her over to cuddle her from behind. Next thing you knew she'd flipped onto her back, and we had a good tummy scratch.


I think she might need a few washes before she's nice and clean.


Elsie14 Her fur and skin condition isn't the best at the moment and I think it affects how effective washing can be. But her belly definately needs another wash. It's all icky/leathery, like sweaty. Not soft and clean.


She's back in the big pen today while Freddie is tied up closer to the house. Hopefully seeing each other will make their day go a bit faster and reassure them. And hopefully Freddie will spend his time on his new bed and have a relaxing snooze. The last thing I want is for him to get stressed by tangling himself between the cables.


Hubby is home now and this weekend he plans to finish the fence so that they can both be left in the pen without being tied up. By then Freddie's wounds will hopefully have healed enough for them to play with each other. Elsie's quite a runner and I think she'll wear out Freddie pretty quick smart.


I checked with the vet, and Fred's a whopping 42.8kilos!



No comments:

Post a Comment