Sunday, April 17, 2016

First month anniversary

Ginger has been with us for a month now.

Her paperwork arrived and got duly signed and sent back out. So she's ours for good now. They'll be transferring her microchip details to us, and I should get a notification from Council to pay for her lifetime registration any day now.

She got to spend the day at home without any humans for the first time on Friday. I was a bit worried about whether our fences would stand up to her scrutiny, and notified all the neighbours in case she went adventuring. I came home early, and was relieved to see her waiting at the gate.

I don't know what you're talking about. All I do is just lie here...
We've started putting her on the lead during walks to make sure she doesn't wander too far. She's good on recall, but sometimes she wanders a touch too far, and has chased a few roos. She always come back, but I'd like to save myself the stress of calling after her in the first place, if I can..



I'm on lead! Little does he know, the minute he thinks I'm good, I'm gonna find those fun hoppity hops again..
 Fred's doing ok. Sticks to himself, but does play with her every once in a while.



I got them some bones a while ago, and most of the day is peppered with Ginger barking at Fred.

If I don't see you, then I can't hear you. All you young whippersnappers wanting a piece of the action. I deserve the bones in my old age...
C'mon dude! Give us a little bit, please?!
After the bed debacle, I've been looking online for more dog beds. But most of them are quite expensive. It's non pay week, so I decided to look around the house and came across some old cushions I had and some extra material that I hadn't yet decided on the use for.

Managed to whip these up one afternoon. 


One is slightly bigger than the other (it turns out I can't quite cut in straight lines..), so I need to unpick the smaller one one day when I have the motivation. Ginger still manages to somehow squeeze herself onto it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment