Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Fred, my boy...

So what's Fred up to these days?

At the most revered age of 9, he's getting on a bit. He's slowed down a lot, really. And there's a lot more white in his face.

He seems so calm, placid and easy going compared to the shiny young thing that we've brought in.


He happily chills inside or spends his time sleeping away. During walks he wanders but knows enough to simply hang by. And these days with wolfieboy spending the walks disciplining Ginger, Fred has taken to just walking with me and wolfiepup (who manages to drag a walk out something fierce..). Yesterday he spent the return walk behind me.

Perhaps he is feeling like he is still bottom dog? Or that his responsibility is to get the Little Human home safely? Having said that, he's not rounding her up. He just stays close behind/beside me. The same way Els used to. Hrmm..

Here he is with his new collar. I got it a while ago after his old one was so torn up you couldn't see my number on it anymore. I'd have preferred the metal fittings were gold/bronze not silver, and the brown's not as dark as I'd like. But considering the price point, I can't really complain. And it does the job - which is more important than anything else. Not that he's going to disappear any time soon. That will be way more likely with Ginger - who still has Elsie's old collar.



No comments:

Post a Comment