Sunday, April 3, 2016

Ginger the Vomit Girl

The good news is that we've managed to convince her that getting into the carboot isn't a bad thing, and she willingly goes in there. When we got her on Sunday, and tried to get her in on Thursday she point blank refused, and we had to carry her in. After going to the Vet's, the Vet managed to convince her to go in voluntarily, and it seems like that lesson has stuck at least...

The bad news is that she is still throwing up in the car.  At least it explains the look that Fred gave me through the rearview mirror on the last 1/2 hour home. I had assumed perhaps that he was just happy to see me and was showing me Looks of Love. But it turns out that it was more a reprieve from the smell on his lead and in the confined space that is the back of the car, and perhaps a Look of Distress, that Muuuuum.. Ginger had done it again.

I thought perhaps the first time she did it, was because I'd grabbed her around her tummy in the wrong spot when I put her in. But she managed fairly well on the drive home yesterday, and yet when I opened the car door, this is what I was met with..




So that's the end of the fancy dog beds for good. I'd brought them home anyway, thinking the stuffing may be torn up, but they still have half a life left in them.

On the plus side it meant that the mess was on the beds and not in the car. No to say it didn't spill over and I still had to wash it. But at least it's not as bad as it could be. After this incident though, I just gave up and put them in a bin bag. Bye bye expensive fancy beds. Sorry Fred.

They are now sleeping on an old wool blanket folded in 4. Sorry pups. I tried, I really did.

Next time I might try her in my car rather than wolfieboy's and see if that will make a difference, as I find his car a little too sensitive on the steering (perhaps another reason why Ginger got carsick).




No comments:

Post a Comment