Saturday, April 23, 2016

Running out on Fred

We have decided to feed the dogs separately, as we notice Fred seems to eat *super* fast now that Ginger is around, and we think his digestion is struggling.

This morning I made a point of putting Fred on the verandah, and Ginger in the pen. The minute she finished, she managed to find another escape route to join us on the Outside. I think she felt left out and was desperate to be part of the pack.

What am I missing out on?!

I put her back into the pen, and waited, watching. Sure enough, she did it again. Crawled straight under the wire.

This time around, I sent both back in, and then proceeded to see if I could block up the hole. Little success, but wolfieboy woke and I sent him back out there to take another look. He has now screwed the fencing down, and also added some sleepers along the bottom.

I don't know what all the fuss is about. I just want to be part of the pack..

So far, fingers crossed. We went out to meet some friends for lunch, and was gone for about 3 hours. Came home to her still in the pen. Although as wolfieboy points out, the real test will be what she'll do if Fred goes out and leaves her behind.

Test? What test? There's a test?!

We took her off lead tonight for our evening walk, and off she trots, all the way down to the property boundary to the road. Wolfieboy managed to fetch her before anything untoward happened (there was a car passing by!), but it was interesting hanging back and watching Fred.

Oh no, here we go again..

voi.....


 
You'd think she'd learn by now mum...

No comments:

Post a Comment