Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Buying Toys for Fred or: How Much Do You Love Your Dog?

I tell you - dog merchandise sellers must make a motza. We went to the
Pet Barn today to try and pick up a new bed for our incoming family
member (we're getting a buddy for Fred), some snacks and toys, and a
lead and other sundries.


What a joke.


1 big bed = $70. Collar and 2 metal bowls, and the total comes to $100.
I wasn't going anywhere near the toys. There were a few that I
recognised from forums that are supposed to be great - except that they
cost $50+. I love Fred, but I don't think I need to show it in
expensive gifts.


Food? I was thinking of getting him some more raw hides. 1 bag? $50.
Ok, so I don't want more raw hides. Let's get some dried pig ears.
$1.20 each, or $30 a bag. Uhhh... yeah, but no, but yeah, but NO.


Getting back to work, I spotted another bargain store, and went in to
check it out. Tennis balls - 4 for $2. Toys starting from $2. Leash for
$2.50, with reflector strip. Bag of rawhide munch bones (pack of 10)
$2. They're only small, but I'm curious to see how he takes them. I
don't want him just swallowing, but we shall see. They're only about
10cm long.


I also got 3 lint brushes for $2. Fred sheds. I love cuddling him, but
I'm already starting to notice, Day 3, that my clothes are being
covered with ginger Fred hair.


Hopefully he'll like all his new toys. Can't wait to get home and try them out on him =D



No comments:

Post a Comment