Wednesday, August 8, 2007

In Search of Fred's Companion

So the search is on to find a companion for Fred the Wolfhound. We
found nothing today, but looking up pet resuce (website for dogs), I've
narrowed it down to 2 contenders.


I managed to find a wolfhound girl! but she's abt a year older than
Fred, which is currently her biggest downfall. =( Well that, and she
was listed back in June though =( so dunno if she's still available.
Doesn't she just look sweet and adorable though???


I'm going to ring her up first thing tomorrow morning =D


DO'h! Just found out she's adopted.


*sulks*



The other puppy, well dog really, is a great dane cross bull mastiff.
Boyfriend prefers this one, because she's abt 6 months younger than the
wolfhound girl I found. So I guess we'll go with the great dane. *sigh*
I had my heart set on another wolfhound.... *pouts*


Fred's actually quite camera shy, would you believe? He's going to have
to learn to start posing though, coz I'm going to be taking pics of him
his entire life.


T









hey weren't kidding when they (all the literature) said that
wolfhounds aren't very active, and spend most of their time hanging
outside the back door. Sometimes you'll turn around and he'll be gone
somewhere in the garden. Then you'll look around, and he'll be Right
There. It's like dejavu or something. Totally eerie, coz he's so quiet.


It's a good thing we have tile floors, because at least most of the
time you can hear him somewhere. But every once in a while, like last
night when I was in the study, I heard movement, and I poked my head
out into the living area, and didn't see him anywhere. But I could hear
noises. I look around, and he managed to sneak into the study right
behind me, without me ever noticing!



I also adore his white soxs which are only on his front two feet, and not his back two.


So you might wonder how he came to the name of Fred. He didn't come
named. We went through a whole list of names before we settled on Fred.
Personally I think he looks like a Fred. But on top of that, his
brindle markings reminded the BF of Fred Flintstone. Hence, the Fred.
Of course ten minutes after we both agreed on his name, I realised my
uncle (who isn't the most popular in our family) is also named Fred. As
Fred is registered under my name, technically, he has the exact same
name as my uncle (!!!)


The bf argued that Fred should have his last name, rather than mine.
Which was fine by me, but when I strung his name out, bf realised that
his great grandfather's name was also Fred! Whooops!


So Fred here is named after both our families. LOL



Fred was playing with newspaper last night and I was trying to take a
pic. The flash delayed the shot by a sec, and he ended up looking
pretty funny. All fangs and wide eyes.


In the living room we have a green rug, that he started pawing away at
and trying to chew every once in a while. I think he gets confused and
thinks it's grass.



No comments:

Post a Comment