Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Success!!


Fred didn't poo in his room last night. Yaaaay!


We fed him fairly late in the evening, and then took him outside a few
times. Although I'm not sure he actually *did* anything while he was
outside.



I bought a whole bunch of toys for him but have yet to introduce them
to him yet. He's so attached to that rawhide bone I got him. It's so
cute. He gobbled up dinner and then proceeded to look around for more
food. He spied his rawhide chew through the backdoor glass. I thought
he just wanted to come in, so I let him in, and he made a beeline for
the chew. After he demolished that, he went into his room, picked up
his bone, and then started gnawing on that.


I was watching tele while he chewed, and then suddenly he gets up and
starts looking for places in the house. Originally I thought he was
looking for a place to poo (see how paranoid I am?) but when he started
looking behind the tele, with his bone in his mouth I realised he
wanted to go and bury his bone. LOL. It's a rawhide chew!!


I









ended up letting him out and then I heard the sound of digging. He's burying them in the rose bushes.


So I'm loathe to admit it, but I think perhaps the bf was right about
the whining. I put Fred in his room last night by being fairly sneaky.
I noticed his water bowl was too full (he's been tipping it lately) so
I emptied out most of it, and then put it in his room. He follows me,
partly to see what I'm doing, and partly to get a drink. And as he does
that, I close the door on him. As I walk away I hear him whine slightly
and thump on the door. And then no more.


This morning, there's no poo in the room. And he happily trots out. So
if I'd let him out when he whined, then I wouldn't have done a very
good job of puppy training him.


Guess I'm just a softie at heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment