Wednesday, August 8, 2007

One Step Forward, 2 Steps..

Caught Fred peeing yesterday. Couldn't drag him out of his room fast
enough. At least he's peeing on newspaper. No more just corners of
walls.


Bf decided to ditch the newspaper from Fred's bedroom in an attempt to
teach him not to do any pees or poos in the house at all. I'm not sure
that that's the way to go about it.


This morning there was another puddle in his room - with no newspaper to soak it up =/


I was reading forum posts at Dogz Online where people would housetrain, and leave the newspapers in the rooms anyway.


I don't think Fred's bladder is ready to hold on yet. He's still in major puppy mode.


I noticed last night he's gained another inch too! We've only had him a
week!! But whereas previously he'd be around knee height (maybe just a
bit more), now he's definately over knee height. He's going to be HUGE.


What on earth are we going to do with him???




I gave him a tennis ball to play with last night. He absolutely adored
it. I think he's fairly tired/sleepy at night. He'd play with the ball
a little, and then just lie there on the ground with the tennis ball in
his mouth, staring into the distance. LOL.


He acts lethargic like I do when I'm really tired or am on travel sickness pills. LOL.


He's SUCH a cutie though.


I hope he gets along with the new dog that we're getting him tomorrow
to keep him company. She's a
Great Dane cross Bull Mastiff. Slightly older and house trained no
less! I don't really need another dog, and I hope she doesn't keep Fred
awake. I was reading that wolfhound puppies need LOTS of sleep because
they're still growing a lot.

I reckon he spends most of his afternoon sleeping. I'd let him just
sleep at night, but we get home fairly late and I want him to feel part
of the family. Well, ok, I want to be able to spend time with him too.

Anyhow, we'll be able to keep an eye on him this weekend anyway, in
case he decides to poo or pee inside again. Thank goodness for the
weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment