Friday, August 17, 2007

Misdeameanours of Rosie and Fred Dopplegangers

Excuse the quietness. Have had a gruelling day and a half with the
doggies. Rosie ran off during her walk yesterday and never came home. I
spent a harrowing evening imagining crazy things and wondering if she
was ok.


Poor Fred was moping so badly. I got him a Puppy Kong from ebay, which
arrived yesterday. And tried to distract him with that, but he was only
interested in it, in spurts.


So the pound rang us up this morning to let us know that they found Rosie wandering the school grounds yesterday afternoon.


I'm very very relieved. I didn't sleep well last night - at one stage I
was cuddled around Fred on the floor, keeping him company. But I'm also
a bit peeved that the pound took so long to get back to us, considering
they found her yesterday afternoon.


Last night, and this morning, we seriously thought she wouldn't come
home. There are acres and acres of bushland, and I kept on imagining
her curled up under a tree root thinking of getting home. That, or
excited at the prospect of being out in the Wilderness on her own.



So I was looking around at the pound pages today, wondering if I'd see
Rosie's photo, and thinking if she doesn't come back, we're going to
have to work quickly to get Fred a new companion, because he was really
suffering. Bf tried to cuddle and play with Fred this morning, and he
just wasn't interested. And I came across this - I swear, she looks
EXACTLY like Fred. Does anyone in Sydney want to adopt her? I can't,
because I already have Rosie back. But I'd be interested in seeing how
this puppy turns out. They called the puppy a staffy cross boxer. I'd
be interested in seeing this puppy's paws. And she's got a brother up
there as well, but darker colour. But the description: white and
brindle is the same, down to the way her nose is striped! Click her for the big pic. You can also find her (and other cuties) at the Renbury Pound Home Page. This one's under the Liverpool section.


She's currently at the Liverpool Pound, and I've got a feeling she
doesn't have any papers on her. Hey SC_ c'mon... get this cutie.
Pleeeeeeeeeeeease?!?! I'd definately want to see her, if Rosie hadn't been found. Not to say I want to get rid of Rosie, but how often do you find dogs that look exactly the same, from different parts of the state???




7 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'm so relieved that you found Rosie! I had a harrowing time when my dog ran off and we were searching all over for 2 hours, calling out her name but couldn't find her. I can imagine how you felt. *hugs* 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm relieved you found Rosie!! I know how worrying it is; my kitten wandered of and was lost for 2 weeks. :( We went searching all over and finally found him (he died eventually, cuz he was sooo thin and malnourished).

    **hugs**

    Girly Fred is cute!! Awwwww I want her!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, so glad you found Rosie too!  I know the feeling when your baby runs off.  With huskies, we went through it and it just sucks...very miserable.  Big Hugs to you, bf & Fred.   Female Fred is adorable.  That is just too cool...hopefully, someone you know will adopt her.  =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Achoo...... I'm sorry, what were you saying to me, someone highly allergic to dogs and cats?!?!? 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad Rosie is safely home with you guys. Are your dogs tattoed or microchipped for identification? What is the law regarding dog identification there?

    The pup is cute. There are so many of that type in rescue over here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. but look at how cute she is sc_! i'll make something for you to alleviate the allergies, how about that??

    ReplyDelete
  7. dogs in australia are required to be microchipped and registered with the council. usually if you buy a dog from the pound, that's pretty much all you pay for. basic vaccination, microchipping, and registration. often owners might also get their dogs desexed as well.

    are you saying there are lots of puppies that look like girly fred over there? do they end up turning into looking like fred? =D

    i've lost faith in the naming system. for eg, they said that Rosie was a Great Dane cross bull mastiff. But there's no way. SHe might look a little like a Great Dane (from certain angles) but bull mastiff? i mean,... WHERE?

    However I do understand that you can't really tell when they're puppies, and it's all guesswork. So it's not really their fault either.

    ReplyDelete