Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Finding the Laundry


We aren't really home much during the weekdays because we work fairly
long hours. Laundry usually takes 2 days to dry because we'll hang it
up at night, and then take them down the next day. It's also winter
here, so the sun isn't as strong.


Because we aren't home much, and when we are, it's already dark, the backyard is really more of Fred's wonderland than ours.


I went out this morning (Saturday) to take some pics, and discovered a few things.


Fred had gone to the liberty of pulling down some of the laundry from
earlier in the week. I hadn't noticed it was missing, because my
laundry is still waiting to be folded and put away (sssssh don't tell
on me).


Anyhow, guess what I found? Tucked into the back part of the backyard
was one of my brand new tops that I'd only just recently bought and
worn once. Pummelled into the ground. No worries, I think. It may be
white, but at least I can wash it.


I take it into the laundry and discover there is in fact a biiiiiig tear along the neckline! ARRRRRRRGGGGH.


And here the bf had been so impressed the first time we did laundry that Fred *hadn't* in fact pulled down any laundry.


Lesson for the day: always put your laundry as high up as possible.


*sigh* Nothing I can do about it. I can't blame him. Lots of crazy
coloured things flying around in the sky. If I was him, I'd pull it
down to investigate too!


In puppy training news, he didn't do any poos inside. Yaaay! We didn't
lay down any newspaper either. I think it's more of a Fred thing (i.e.
does he need to go or not) rather than us laying or not laying down
newspaper.


I saw him peeing on a treepost last night, and I tried to praise him.
Just a cheerful "good boy!" This toilet training is harder to do than
you'd think. Especially when you're not at home all the time. The
forums all say it's the easiest thing to train. If you say so...


Funny story, last night I forgot my lesson of staying downwind of him. =/


I fell asleep on the couch and was woken up by one Freddy Fart. LOL.
He'd been sleeping on the rug below me, but his bottom was facing me.
At least they don't smell half as bad as when he first arrived.


I think he's settling in well. We feed him 2 times a day now, with most
of it in the morning. I notice when we get home that he's actually
quite active. I'm not sure if it's because we've come home, or because
he's still awake from food. Either way, it was FREEEZING last night,
and I had to go take him for a walk anyway because he was skittering
around in the living room.


I've been reading up on Irish Wolfhounds and they reckon as puppies
they shouldn't do long distance walking. Well, Fred's a cross, so I
guess it's ok. But I think I'm worrying about him quite a bit. Typical
mummy behaviour? =) Bf reassures me that it should be ok to take Fred
for a walk. And anyway, he seems to love it.



No comments:

Post a Comment