Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Toys, toys and more toys




Posting questions onto dog forums can glean very useful information.





A little while ago I posted on DogzOnline to ask advice for toys for big dogs. Fred's been busy chewing up all the wood in sight, and I don't have enough money to keep him constantly supplied with tennis balls.


Some helpful people suggested I try giving him my empty plastic milk bottles, cordial bottles etc, and fill it with kibble.



I tried it out this weekend, and the results were quite hilarious.Here is Rosie investigating Fred's bottle. She managed to lose hers the minute she got it, and went after Fred's instead. Bad move. There were lotsa growls and dog fights over it =S

In fact, Fred got quite protective over this bottle. I'm not sure if it was because it was bigger or what.














Don't forget, Rosie managed to push hers under the dog bed. And somehow never figured out how to get hers back.

I love the look she gives me in the last pic. LOL.

Poor Rosie.




Here is one of Fred chewing away on Rosie's bottle later on. Rosie's given up and is just chilling out. He's such a bully, isn't he?







The last pic was taken later, and I just think it's hilarious. The dogs have learnt to stand up on their hind legs to check out what the 'humans' are doing inside the house. This only happens when we're in the kitchen putting together their food, or in this case, I'd put some kibble on the ledge, when I was trying to fill one of the bottles. Since Freddie had taken her bottle, she'd gotten up to investigate, and see if there were any more left.










1 comment:

  1. They do look like they are having a wonderful time with those bottles - I always thought the plastic would hurt their gums, until I got my own dog.  Not that she chews - but her friends do! 

    Sometimes, going round the park with Gracie, we are quite grateful to the (otherwise slob) people who leave plastic bottles lying around for her to chew.

    ReplyDelete