Thursday, August 9, 2007

A little bit more ball playing..





So both were very excited to see us last night (we got home a bit late). They definately have our schedule figured out. Bf and I took both dogs for a walk, and ended up letting them off the leash down near the old train station. The only thing with that is that there is a road behind the station, and the minute the kids got off the lead, they started running off into the bushes. I got worried when Rosie wouldn't answer to her name. They eventually came back, but talk about a stressful walk!

Great News though, Fred has started sitting on command!!!! I'm so proud!!! He now knows to sit before we put the lead on him, and when we take the lead off him. He also sits for food (although I think he always did - i.e. he had some really basic training before he got to us - again, the breeder theory). I don't even need to say 'sit' anymore. He just knows. What a smart doggie!!!!

I need to remember to feed them at the same time though. Last night I fed him first, and the bf pointed out I should just give them at the same time, since both of them pretty much know to sit now.



I'm so glad they're learning 'our ways'. =D We haven't taught them to sit at road sides before crossing yet, mainly because it's a bit redundant (no traffic in the boonies). But I do notice that if we're walking, and we stop, Rosie will automatically sit. She's definately had training.

On the plus side, it also means that Fred is learning from her. Very quickly too I might add.

I get the feeling that he's already asserting himself as Top Dog. Every time I see them, Fred usually has the new bed.

Fred (31)
Fred (32)


He was annoying Rosie last night. Trying to get her to play. She was too busy preening herself. She's like a cat. Every night in front of the tele, she'll be sitting there, licking her paws and making herself look pretty. And then she picks a spot, walks in a circle 3 times and then settles down for a sleep.



Fred on the other hand wanders around a little, comes for a bit of a cuddle and gets up again. Restless Puppy =)

I ended up giving him another tennis ball to play with because he was annoying Rosie (who just wanted to sleep and not play). Talk about growing puppies. He's already stronger than he was 2 weeks ago. Last time I gave him a tennis ball he took a night to get through it. Last night? Ten minutes, and he was chewing on the black plastic!! He'd already torn up some of the green stuff around it. Yikes.

I might need to fork out the exxy money and buy one of those $40 indestructible toys after all.



1 comment:

  1. LOL!! Fred chewed the tennis ball to bits? Uh oh..yup, I think you need those pricier toys for Fred, or else you'd be still burning more cash for more tennis balls! 

    ReplyDelete