Friday, August 10, 2007

Rosie the Sooky Baby

Came home pretty late last night to find two very chastened puppies. Quietest night we've ever had.

Apparently they were very exciteable when the bf came home last night and he ended up reprimanding them. Rosie was sent outside for barking loudly inside, while Fred was allowed in. To which Rosie moped outside whining piteously.

When I got home, Fred came up for cuddles, but Rosie sulked in the study for a few hours.

It's official - Rosie is an absolute sook.

LOL.

We've booked an appointment with the Vet tomorrow. I'm a bit worried about what the final bill will be, because Fred hasn't been vaccinated at all, and Rosie has an irritated eye that I'm a bit worried about.

I need to do some gardening this weekend and pull up a lot of the garden. There's a few things that I'm wondering if they are the culprits. Apparently there are quite a number of plants that are toxic to dogs.

Daffodils/Jonquil bulbs for starters. I have Daffodils in my garden (from previous owner) that are blossoming right now. I'm wondering if the flower itself is different to the bulbs?

I also have a hardy azalea bush that is currently flowering. But according to my basic google search, azaleas can cause skin irritations to dogs =/ I might need to dig it out and pot them or something. But the dogs have run of the entire yard, so who knows where I'm going to have to put them. Maybe in the front yard perhaps? Assuming of course that I can dig it out of the freezing ground and it doesn't die in the process.

I also need to give the puppies a wash tomorrow. I don't want to take them to the vet stinking to high heaven. We've gotten used to their smell, but when you open their bedroom door in the morning, there is a distinct doggy smell.

Rosie's foster mother told me that Rosie is actually quite afraid of baths. I'm just imagining how much fun it's going to be tomorrow. I was planning on buying some cheap towels this morning so I can dry them up as well. Towels are expensive!! $7!!! For a dog?! I mean, c'mon, seriously.... $7 is too much!



No comments:

Post a Comment